Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Musclemania Universe weekend

Musclemania universe weekend
The first show of the year is off and running. Preparing for this show was a bit diferent than most shows I've done. My prep was actually for the Team Universe, July 9th and 10th, but also since I was going to be a heavyweight this year my body would be a little different. I finally wouldn't have to worry about making a certain weight. The experience was good and very well worth it! It was a very long show and a little bit disorganzied backstage. First no one to help with your color or oil and also no pump up room. Well at least there was an area for athletes but no weights or bands. So we had to fend for ourselves. Like I said I tried some things different this time with my whole prep as far cardio sessions, carbing up, water and sodium manipulation. So we will see what happens. Well the show is all over and done. There were some very good competitiors. - won my class but lost the overall. I can honestly say my conditioning wasn't its all time best. Maybe 80 percent. Also retaining a lot of water due to trying to water load! I didn't get to go to any afterpartys which are usually held by musclemania due to my flight leaing so early in the morning. But in all it was a great experince. The one downfall was my brand new under armour warmups were stolen whem I went onstage!!! Now that's weak. Its all good though. Karmas a bitch!!!