Monday, July 21, 2008

Journal of Japan

Well its coming down to the last days in Himeji, this has been a first class journey and very , very wonderful experience. The day after the show I woke up at 5am ate my first meal then went to go train legs. Kick ass workout. Finally getting use to the heat and humidity.After i showered and got ready we had a luncheon at a fine steak house with Himeji politicians and sponsors. We were treated to Filet Mignon. Damn it was soooo good. I was also invited to take a cruise around the bay on a yacht with some of the sponsors but I declined because I wanted to go inside the castle to take pictures. Its funny how you find out things. This is where my family crest came from i knew I was descendant from samurai but damn to be this up close and personal and inside where they lived and so forth was a once in a lifetime experience. Like I said you were not allowed to take pictures inside but the politicians pulled some strings and everything was cool for me to take pictures but only in certain areas within the castle. After a 1 and 1/2 hour hike to the top of the castle is was quite breath taking on our return the only thing I could think about was eating. So once we got down we decided to stop at a resturant to eat. Do you think I splurged a little.? hmmm.. Hell NOOOOO. I ate about seems like a ton of sashimi, in case you dont know what that is raw fish and alot of ass veggies. It was off the hook. I was in heaven. Damn I love being Half Japanese. So finally I returned home and it brings me to my last blog of Himeji. In all it was a great trip and the hospitality was treamendous. Thank you very much to the Minoru Nishikawa Family for being such generous hosts. It was a great honor and pleasure to stay with you and your family. Thank you to the all the people of Himeji for your support. Until I return again Gambate!!!! Now off to Guest Pose in Mexico